Several types of B12 injections are available, but the Methylcolbalamin (MIC) form is better absorbed and remains active longer in the tissues after injection. MIC is a form of B12 that crosses the blood brain barrier and allows patients to feel its effects quickly. The injections are delivered intramuscularly.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 Include:
- Increased energy
- Decreased brain fog
- Memory enhancement
- Improved mood
- Higher metabolism to aid in weight loss
- Lowers homocysteine levels in the blood, decreasing risk of heart attack/strokes
- Restores B12 levels due to certain medications such as Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI), Metformin, and birth control pills, and others.
Note: It is normal for B12 to temporarily cause pinkish or reddish urine. Unused B12 will circulate throughout the body but is non-toxic and will be removed via the kidneys through the urine. Side effects may include inflammation, swelling and/or slight bleeding at the injection site.
Benefits of Methionine, Inositol, and Choline (MIC)--amino acids naturally found in the body’s building blocks of protein--include:
- Improved liver function and detoxification
- Breaks down fats
- Prevents buildup of cholesterol in the arteries
- Balances mood and appetite
Note: Individuals with a drug allergy to sulfa must not receive MIC injections.